Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MoP (yes, indeed!)

From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 93 17:34:30 BST
Subject: Re: MoP (yes, indeed!)
To: Markku Kolkka <mk59200@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

> I (finally) downloaded the Moments of Pleasure recording and listened
> through it. Then I listened it again. And yet another time. In
> short, the _sound_ quality through the Sun IPC:s speaker or even with
> headphones is atrocious (maybe somebody with the videotape and an
> Amiga with a sampler could make a better recoding?), but the _song_
> is WONDERFUL! The repeated listenings are really necessary to get
> "through" the telephone-quality sound.

Aha, I think you may have the volume up too high  - the speakers in Suns
distort very quickly. Using /usr/demo/SOUND/soundtool on my SS2, the
optimum volume level is around 20-30.

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)