Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Demise of Ninth Wave TIFF file for T shirt B-(

From: ericf@netcom.com (Eric France)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 18:44:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Demise of Ninth Wave TIFF file for T shirt B-(
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Richard J. Frost
> Its a long story but, I have just found out that my archived
> Kate scan of The Ninth Wave was accidentally overwritten! B-(.
>
> All I have is the colour JPEG. I am now seeking out someone with a
> decent colour scanner, so I can get a better quality result than
> the existing JPEG.

Why?  The color jpeg seemed to be of extremely high quality, far
beyond the usual run of gifs and jpegs.  (fyi, when you find
grainy, poorly dithered images of the LP covers on the anon ftp sites,
they are probably the ones that woj and I whipped up using an
Amiga video digitizer in college.  See, we propped the albums
up in front of the Ikegami, keyed the video down to the Amiga...:)
Eric France            |  "Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"
ericf@netcom.com       |  I said, "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed
Poughkeepsie, NY USA   |  me this way."  She said, "Hang the rich."    -- RR