Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Dreaming

From: jbroz@access.digex.net (Joe Broz)
Date: 28 Jul 1993 22:04:43 -0400
Subject: Re: The Dreaming
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9307270106.AA28640@kona.cc.mcgill.ca> SHAWN@parasit.lan.mcgill.ca writes:
>Fellow Gaffans,
>
>    I must disagree with those of you who consider "The Dreaming" to
>be Kate's best album. I am a true Katefan who is not afraid to say
>"Hounds of Love" was, is and forever will be Kate's best album. It is
>the best demonstration of the artistry and pure genius of the
>greatest chanteuse of our time.

I am not offended by the expression of an opinion (which I happen to agree
with) nevertheless...

This discussion, like so many others, has no end point (not that this is a
bad thing, however.) Music, and its effect, have, for me, no "qualities"
which allow me to judge which type/piece/album are better or worse.

Hounds of Love was the first Kate album I ever heard. I was in Moscow in
1987 and I cannot forget that time, that place or that music. So while I
tend to gravitate toward Hounds of Love for many reasons now, I still
cannot say which of Kate's works is my favorite.

-- Joe