Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: T-Shirt Update #1

From: merlin@happy.cc.utexas.edu (john higdon)
Date: 26 Jul 93 19:35:41
Subject: Re: T-Shirt Update #1
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <ericfCAspw7.A1A@netcom.com> ericf@netcom.com (Eric France) writes:

   1) Richard Frost (rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au) has nominated a color
   jpeg of KaTe from The Ninth Wave.  Richard sez:
   >This one was scanned from the back of album Volume II of the
   >'This Womans Work' box set, using a HP Colour scanner and
   >Ofoto on a Mac.
   In case you cannot display it, the picture shows KaTe, in her life-preserver,
   floating face-up in water, raising her right hand towards the point of view.
   Brightly colored flowers float in the water around her.  She has a deeply
   tired expression on her face.

I personally like the idea of using this Ninth Wave shot.  I would buy a
t-shirt with it on the front.
Perhaps, to make the shirt more in the spirit of this newsgroup, we could
paraphrase the Tennyson quote from Hounds of Love, as follows:

	"Flame after Flame, each mightier than the last
	 'Til last, a ninth one, gathering half the deep
	 And full of voices, slowly rose and plunged
	 Roaring, and all the flame was in a flame"

Well, it is possible that the last line needs some work...:)

John Higdon