Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

T-Shirt Update #1

From: ericf@netcom.com (Eric France)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1993 23:43:19 GMT
Subject: T-Shirt Update #1
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

LOVEHOUNDS T-SHIRT UPDATE #1 -- 26 July 1993

This article is to track the progress of the effort to create a Love-Hounds
t-shirt.  I hope to post an update each Monday.

STATUS 7/26/93: We are gathering nominations for the image(s) which should
appear on the t-shirt. We need more nominations!  Either post here or
email me directly.

NOMINATIONS:

1) Richard Frost (rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au) has nominated a color
jpeg of KaTe from The Ninth Wave.  Richard sez:
>This one was scanned from the back of album Volume II of the
>'This Womans Work' box set, using a HP Colour scanner and
>Ofoto on a Mac.
In case you cannot display it, the picture shows KaTe, in her life-preserver,
floating face-up in water, raising her right hand towards the point of view.
Brightly colored flowers float in the water around her.  She has a deeply
tired expression on her face.

The jpeg is available on ftp.uwp.edu,
/pub/incoming/pictures/KateBush/NinthWaveColour.jpg.

2) My (Eric France, ericf@netcom.com) submission is taken from the video
for the song "Cloudbusting."  It is an 800x600 jpeg of the silhouette of the
Cloudbuster, manned by KaTe, against a twilight sky.  In case you cannot
display it, the Cloudbuster is a large goldbergian device of levers, gears,
and cogs, with several large trumpet-like muzzles pointing up into the sky.
It was constructed for the video by artist H. R. Giger (?).

(besides being one of my favorite KaTe-related images, it also contains the
off-handed reference to technology which seems appropriate for a t-shirt
representing this newsgroup)

The jpeg is available on ftp.uwp.edu,
/pub/incoming/pictures/KateBush/Cloudbuster.jpg.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES:

It has been suggested that Chris Williams (one of the
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us) use some of the advanced tools at his disposal
to create some sort of composite image out of some of the digital images
which are generally available.  Chris has indicated he will look into this.

MISC:

Richard Frost has also recommended Serigraphia, Ft. Walton Beach, Florida,
1-800-226-3254 for the purpose of printing the shirts.
--
1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
Eric France            11 "Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"