Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Possibly for sale: Cloudbusting CD single

From: wcsanil@superior.ccs.carleton.ca (Anil Prasad)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1993 06:23:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Possibly for sale: Cloudbusting CD single
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cunews.carleton.ca (News Administrator)

In article <22v024INNmdo@lynx.unm.edu> lazlo%triton.unm.edu@lynx.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble) writes:

>the disc in person.  It's offered for sale in the magazines only
>occasionally and usually for $50, $75, or more.  Demand for the disc

I bought mine in Australia and paid a damn sight more than $75
for it. I don't think I've *EVER* seen a copy advertised in
Record Collector for less than #200. Someone recently e-mailed
me and told me that they had seen a copy for $80 at one point
in Goldmine which I consider an absolute steal. I don't think
demand for the disc "dropped seriously" since the boxed set
came out. Sure, it dropped a little, but not seriously. Kate
collectors are a strange breed... at any rate, I'm not just
blathering on like this because I have one and attempted to
get offers on it, I'm just curious about where you saw copies
at $50 for. A local shop carries certain singles for $100-$150
alone (vinyl singles) and said they could get well over $500 for
the Cloudbusting CD if they could get their clutches on one.

Anil