Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tribe

From: langrlld@rtsg.mot.com (Daniel J. Langrill)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 20:52:01 GMT
Subject: Re: tribe
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rtsg.mot.com

    So does anyone else have an opinion on Tribe, and whether it would appeal to
    a Kate Bush fan?

    I mean, I first heard about Tori Amos here in gaffa, and really enjoy it.
    And I purchased my first Happy Rhodes CD yesterday, and am so far quite
    pleased.

    Is Tribe in the same class?

    For now, I'm leaving this thread in rec.music.gaffa;  after all, it deals
    with what a KateFan would like, and invites a comparison.  I've also added
    rec.music.misc.  If it goes too far afield from gaffan material, feel free to
    move it exclusively to r.m.m.

    Terry Carroll - tjc50@juts.ccc.amdahl.com - 408/992-2152
    This article may contain opinions which are not shared by my employer.
    A man may fish with the worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the
    fish that hath fed of that worm.  Hamlet, Act IV, Scene III.

Well, I'm a Kate Bush fan...(I'm not a Tori Amos fan, but...)

Anyhow, I think that Tribe is a great band!  It doesn't really have that
"ethereal" feel to it (or however you could categorize Kate) -- It's a little
more harsh with guitars, but she has a great voice.

I'm trying to think of parallels, but it's hard...maybe a LITTLE like the
Darling Buds' "Erotica" album (track 3 comes to mind).  I think that it's
her voice that keeps me listening, which, for Kate Bush fans, is what keeps
them listening to Kate (IMHO...at least for me it is...)

I would highly reccommend Tribe.  I haven't heard the new album, but "Abort"
is one of my favorites.

Dan
--

Dan Langrill