Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate albums

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 17:43:29 -0300
Subject: Re: Kate albums
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Fake-Sender: usenet@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: USENET News <news@cs.dal.ca>

In article <bacske.10.743125387@saturn.wwc.edu> bacske@saturn.wwc.edu (KENNETH BACSO) writes:
>Someone suggested that this is the newsgroup that I should ask the following
>question to:

This is the place!

>Which Kate Bush album would be the best for a new listener to buy and why?
>
>Thanks so much--you are so kind
>
>Ken Bacso

My advice would be to go and get The Whole Story. It is a compilation of
her stuff from '78 - '85. It has lots of great pictures - of all of the
singles, and of her.

Listen to that for a while and depending on which songs you really
like, buy the corresponding album.

Maybe buy the whole story used, and use it as a guide...it will give you
some sort of feel for how she changed through the first five albums.
(Although it is hard to judge an album by two songs on a compilation)

Summary - buy _The Whole Story_ and follow your nose (or ears).

mike

--
"Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from masses,
 not by some farcical aquatic ceremony!"  - MPatHG