Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate T shirt

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 93 00:25 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate T shirt
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <199307170156.AA05688@degas> you write:
>I support the T shirt design so far. I'd like to submit a nice scan
>of the Ninth Wave that I have here at work. (1100 x 1000) 24 bit colour
>image.
>
>I have a JPEG at the moment, its not too bad (the tiff file had to be
>stored on tape for space reasons).

   If anyone wants to send UUENCODED JPEGS, great. Or send me a pointer
to a filename on an ftp site. GIFs are OK, but actual 24-bit would be
best to get accurate color.

>I bought a great Salvador Dali T shirt when I visited Chicago
>2 years ago, the printing process was very advanced - the colours
>on the T shirt closely resembled the original art. The T shirt
>company said the the following on the tag attached to the T shirt
>when I bought it:
>
>"We at Serigraphia have reproduced a selection of Dali's
> masterworks in Cooperation with the Salvadoir Dali Museum
>in St. Petersburg, Florida, which has assisted in and approved
>the reproductions to guarantee their quality and accuracy"
>
>The company that produces these T shirts would be a an excellent
>choice for making a Kate Lovehounds T shirt.

   Sounds good.

>	If anyone has an example of Chris' excellent graphics
>        work I'd love to check it out.

   I'm competent, but I don't really consider myself an artist. I
will make a few test images and upload them to ftp.uwp.edu soon.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)