Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD-ROM project, amount of data until now

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 93 22:44 CDT
Subject: Re: CD-ROM project, amount of data until now
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0oGWrv-000NjsC@zoodle.robin.de> Uli writes:

>I checked ftp.uu.net:/usenet/rec.music.gaffa, found the newer archives
>(thanks, Bill!), got a complete file list and checked what I am missing
>and how much I already have. Looks good!
>
>Stuff in my love-hounds archive:
>
>97,938 KBytes, completely uncompressed
>
>Stuff on ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music.gaffa that's not in my archive:
>9,319 KBytes, half of it compressed, half not (pics, sounds)
>
>It looks like we have about 110 to 115 MBytes of uncompressed stuff
>ready to go. About 47 MBytes is the newsgroup archives, the rest is
>distributed as about half of it pictures, half of it text.

    I'm done with my giant project and I can volunteer my hard disk
and tape to compile everything. I can make 350 megs free without too
much trouble. The best use of net resources would be to pay a visit to
Dave Datta in Kenosha and download everything via his T-1 line.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)