Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Let's get this thing straight...

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 02:10:19 EDT
Subject: Re: Let's get this thing straight...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I accidentally deleted a line. Just a quick clarification:

vickie@pilot.njin.net (WretchAwry) writes:
>We *were* led to believe that if we were to convert the Aspel to NTSC,
>add the RM and possibly other goodies and return it to Jorn for the
>tape tree...

...that he would give us the original PAL Aspel with "Moments of
Pleasure" on it, based on this letter from Jorn, via MJM:

   >From: Mike Mendelson <MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com>

   >Jorn wrote me to this effect:
   >>I'd be willing to trade the PAL Aspel original for access to the PAL
   >>Rocketman, so that the tapetree starts off with the clearest Rocketman
   >>possible...

Jorn changed his mind about giving us the original with no explanation
to us. How dare he make it sound (in his recent post) that *we* set up
this trade, that we demanded the original in exchange for Rocket Man!

Pfft! Jorn has *NO RIGHT* to blame us for anything and it's pissing me off
that he's making us look like villains here. An honest mistake on Michael's
part, coupled with Jorn's announcing the Tape-tree before all the facts
and details were straight, is what went wrong with this.

Vickie