Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Let's get this thing straight...

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 0:01:29 EDT
Subject: Let's get this thing straight...
To: kate.;@pilot.njin.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Peter Gabriel..Tori Amos..

Re: Jorn's Tape-tree

Vickie here,

I don't particularly want to get involved in this, but it could get
very ugly very quickly and I just want to clear up a few things from
our point of view.

First, part of this is just a classic case of miscommunication.
Michael (MJM) *thought* that we had conversion equipment. We
don't have and we never have had. Chris does all our conversions
in Kansas City, where he goes on business fairly regularly.

We *do* have a PAL machine for playback only.

We *do* have an official copy of the "Rocket Man" video, not a dub,
it's on "The Brit Awards" which we have an original of on PAL.

This part is *NOT* a result of miscommunication:

We *were* led to believe that if we were to convert the Aspel to NTSC,
add the RM and possibly other goodies and return it to Jorn for the
tape tree. While I am opposed to posting e-mail, Jorn is twisting
this part of the flame war to make us look greedy and materialistic.

This was relayed to us via MJM:

Message 454 (1038 chars)