Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe lithograph

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 93 00:18:42 EDT
Subject: Re: KaTe lithograph
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

thedens@fangio.cipl.uiowa.edu (Dan Thedens) writes:

>I ran across an ad in a recent Goldmine as follows

>"Kate's new album, "The Red Shoes" will be released 9/14
> but until then you can pick up one of the very limited
> edition lithographs (only 300 were made and very few
> remain) of "Love & Anger" by HJ Aitchison.  This is a
> beautiful 18" x 24" print that has been sought after by
> Kate collectors for over a year."

>Anybody know what this is or have one of the 300?

Yes, we have one and they are *gorgeous*! (Ours is #82) It's a
black and white drawing of Kate's face, similar to the cover
of TSW poster (sand running through the fingers shot) only it's
a close-up of the face. It's very, *very* well done, beautiful!

It looks as if the original was done in charcoal, or something
similar. It's a true representation of what Kate looks like. The
artist is *very* talented.

Right to know clause: We did not buy ours, it was given to us as
a gift, signed personally by the artist, who we have met once.

Vickie

ps, whom? whichever...