Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sick of bashers (was: Re: Sick of KB)

From: jeffo@uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson-Owens)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 17:13:45 GMT
Subject: Re: Sick of bashers (was: Re: Sick of KB)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jeffo@uiuc.edu (J.B. Nicholson-Owens)

chris williams writes:
>   This would seem to indicate that you haven't been reading long.

Who cares how long anyone has been reading this group?

>Rec.music.gaffa is famed throughout the entire News hierarchy for
>the quality and quantity of it's flamage.

And it seems to me like you've been the cause of all of it.

>   This information can be supplied in one message a week when Kate
>is promoting an album, and one message a year between albums. Traffic
>like that will result in "Bogus Newsgroup" messages from newsreaders.

So, that justifies your bullying?  That makes it okay that a lot of
posters that don't feel like being bothered with your insensitive
remarks start their posts with something like "I hope I don't get
flamed for this..."  I think that's a real shame that people can't
just put their opinions out there to be read without you venting your
spleen.  Fortunately it seems to be you who does it now, and I know
how to use a kill file.

>   Make some, but if you post them be assured that you will get flamed
>*far* beyond the very mild toasting I gave you by the folks who receive
>Lovehounds via e-mail and start getting 50k+ digests.

I never said I was going to make any, try reading what I wrote instead
of just skimming for keywords.  I thanked those who made that sample.
It seems that you are just dying to pick a fight on *any* topic
whatsoever.

>   If you'd taken the trouble to read back a week of so, the vast
>majority of my posts have been of the boring "supply the information"
>sort.

If you feel they are so boring, why continue to post them?  I have
made it a point not to read your posts, actually, except for threads
I've started.  It seems that with this thread you've taken it on a
whole 100% un-Kate Bush related direction while not bothering to
change the subject line, so I've started filtering out your posts on
this thread as well.  All the good information about Kate Bush comes
from plenty of other sources than you.  Believe it or not, you are not
the center of the universe.

>  Everyone has an equal *right* to *voice* an opinion, but to claim that
>all opinions are equally valid makes the entire idea of education silly.

I was not talking about rights here, just common courtesy.  Just the
fact that apparently not everyone holds your opinions and it doesn't
take a rocket scientist to figure out that reading this group would be
nicer without having to wade through your flame posts.