Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate videos

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 93 10:11:12 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate videos
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <20qdv9$7o9@mickey.cc.utexas.edu>:
>Kate was on Saturday Night Live?  When?  Do you know who the guest host was?
>I might be able to catch it in re-runs on Comedy Central.

Eric Idle was the host.  Unfortunately, whenever this episode has been
repeated, Kate's songs have been edited out.  The same is true of the
videocassette of the show, which is not too hard to find.  I don't
know for sure if the version Comedy Central would show would be the
edited one, but I highly suspect so.  I suspect the syndicators made
the cuts and everyone who shows them has to live with them.  Note,
however, that MTV Europe has shown the entire episode, with Kate.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov