Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate videos

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 17:39 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate videos
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Kate was on Saturday Night Live?  When?  Do you know who the guest host was?
>I might be able to catch it in re-runs on Comedy Central.

   The host was Eric Idle of Monty Python fame. It may be in the Comedy
Central re-runs, but this episode was one of the few available for sale
and Kate's songs were edited out.

   The show originally aired December 9th, 1978. She sang "The Man With
The Child In His Eyes" on a piano played by Paul Shafer and "Them Heavy
People" with a couple of poorly rehearsed back-up singers.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)