Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Translating that @#$% symbol into ASCII: {M+F}

From: elana@netcom.com (Elana Beach)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1993 07:06:36 GMT
Subject: Translating that @#$% symbol into ASCII: {M+F}
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ericf@netcom.com (Eric France) writes:

>From article <C8nxx7.2zJ@dcs.ed.ac.uk>, by s.telford@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford):
>> In article <9306141404.aa14951@eddie.mit.edu>,
>> FRANK?SCOTT%CC01@cc01.mssc.EDU writes:
>>> will be "Prince". I don't mean to be picky, but that's not his name
>>> anymore.  According to the local paper, "Prince" now wishes to be
>>> refered to by the symbol that was the title for his last album.  It
>>> combines the symbols for male and female.
>>
>> I see. Well, if he wants us to use a symbol instead of his name, it
>> would be a heck of a lot easier if he had chosen one that was in ISO
>> 8859-1 or maybe ISO 10646 instead of making one up. Or even in ASCII.

Hmpf.  If he wants to use a symbol combining male and female, it just
might be easier to "translate" it into ASCII very simply.  How about:

"M+F"

Male plus female.
Or better yet, put it into brackets perhaps?

{M+F}

There ya go!  ;)

Now if only {M+F} were anyplace but on a Kate album - !  Pullleeeze! :)

-QLLD
(Quixote's Long Lost Daughter)