Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Prince, Red Shoes and Technicolor

From: BBN.COM!ccj.bbn.com!lcliffor@eddie.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 13:08:20 EDT
Subject: Prince, Red Shoes and Technicolor
To: love-hounds%eddie.mit.edu.uucp@bbn.COM
Cc: lcliffor@ccj.bbn.COM
Sender: BBN.COM!ccj.bbn.com!lcliffor@eddie.mit.edu
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Eric notes:

>CW>Wuthering Heights was based on a TV movie,
>
>TV MOVIE?!?  You mean you've never seen the 1939 classic with Laurence
>Olivier, David Niven, and Merle Oberon?!?

I'm sure Chris has, but Kate saw the British version from the 70's
starring Timothy 'James Bond' Dalton as Heathcliff, who I've always
preferred in the role myself...I never bought Olivier as a gypsy.

>The first film
>to be credited as a feature-length live-action motion picture in
>Technicolor is a 1935 movie called BECKY SHARP.

Yes, but wasn't this only a two-strip process?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if KaTe's ref to The Red Shoes was
to the Powell and Pressberger film of the same name.  I guess we'll
know more in another week.  And I can't believe after how many years
of these Prince rumors, HE shows up on HER album!  I, for one, am
looking forward to it.

Laura