Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Prince has to offer Kate

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 93 12:41:52 PDT
Subject: What Prince has to offer Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Oh, I just know I should probably stay out of this but... Prince aparently
played quite a few of the piano/keyboard tracks on Stevie Nicks' _Beauty & the
Beast_ album.  I read this in a interview with her shortly after the album
came out whenever that was - oh, God, years ago!  She aparently called him
and asked him if he was interested and he said "Yes, Mamm!" and drove right
over.  He didn't want credit on the album (and he didn't get any).  Personally,
if I didn't KNOW it was him, I would NEVER know it was him.  So, it is quite
possible that Prince's footprint on Kate's album will only be exactly where
she wanted it.

I think it would be the ultimate mark of a good producer to be able to add
one's talent without adding one's personal style to someone else's work.

Just an opinion.

p.s.  I want to say thanks Peter for keeping us all so informed!  There is
much rejoycing here in Vancouver amongst my friends.  I think I will have a
"first listen" party.  Fiona, will you be around?

Andrea.