Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Prince

From: Lauren Caulton <LAUREN@HARVARDA.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 93 15:31:14 EST
Subject: Prince
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

My opinion is that it's nice to see Kate Bush working with such a
variety of musicians. Just because she used to be the sole creative light
on her albums, you can't expect her to stay that way. Musicians do get
bored, and she clearly has decided to work with other folks who will bring
a new slant to her work. As for the Prince-bashing, I disagree. While
I wouldn't have imagined them working together, I think it could
be a really interesting collaboration. A merger of her more dance-oriented
stuff (like RUTH) with his could produce a monster dance hit. The guy has
few peers in that department. (Listen to "Erotic City") And what about
the combination of their keyboard styles? As for the guitar playing,
there is alot of potential for great stuff from the combo of Clapton,
Beck and Prince. If they avoid that dreadful duet formula and actually
compose and play together this could be a great album. I'm excited.