Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel and CD-ROM

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 01:39 MET DST
Subject: Re: Aspel and CD-ROM
To: P D Fitzgerald-Morris <s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Peter, hi all,

> Regarding the gaffa-archive CD-ROM, I see reference to "the HOMEGROUND
> archives" which are invited for inclusion. I'm not sure what is meant here.
> HOMEGROUND has only recently been prepared on word processor. There
> is very little on disc. The only stuff I have begun to retype is the
> "Five Years Ago" series, and progress is pretty slow since I have little
> time for that work. Clarification from the proponents of the idea please!

Well - that's the reason why I said we need people with good scanners and
good ocr software. ocr stands for optical character recognition and is
a piece of software that could make text out of graphics. The graphics
can be obtained by 'photocopying' the homeground in paper form via a
scanner into the computer. So there's no real need of retyping everything.

Bye,

Uli