Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel and CD-ROM

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 93 17:42 CDT
Subject: Re: Aspel and CD-ROM
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C8L04K.Iw@exnet.co.uk> Peter writes:

>Regarding the gaffa-archive CD-ROM, I see reference to "the HOMEGROUND
>archives" which are invited for inclusion. I'm not sure what is meant here.
>HOMEGROUND has only recently been prepared on word processor. There
>is very little on disc. The only stuff I have begun to retype is the
>"Five Years Ago" series, and progress is pretty slow since I have little
>time for that work. Clarification from the proponents of the idea please!

   Ron probably assumed (with that charming trait of computer freaks
everywhere) that Homeground had been produced on computer for years.
We could probably get by with really clean photocopies of the original
typewritten manuscripts. With that we could use OCR (Optical Charactor
Recognition) software to translate the scanned image into ASCII text.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)