Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: First Encounter

From: elee9sf@menudo.menudo.UH.EDU (Karl Barrus)
Date: 9 Jun 1993 14:42:01 GMT
Subject: Re: First Encounter
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My first encounter with Kate Bush was from a friend in college.  I was
going home for Christmas, and wanted to listed to some new music.  So
I gave him a tape, and he recorded Big Country "The Seer" on one side,
and Kate Bush "The Whole Story" on the other.

So over the holidays, I listened to Big Country, and then flipped the
tape and listened the Whole Story.... and was blown away by "Wuthering
Heights."  I rewound the tape, and listened to it over and over and
over.... (I love the piano especially; is there any sheet music
available?)

When I came back I borrowed the "Hounds of Love" and became a big Kate
Bush fan, and when I bought a CD player I bought HoL and TWS with it.

This happened to another friend, so the three of us would watch her
vidoes at night in our dorm room (we had a copy of her videos) all
semester!

--
| Karl L. Barrus                    |
| barrus@tree.egr.uh.edu (NeXTMail) |