Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

First Encounter

From: jlburk01@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1993 21:47:03 GMT
Subject: First Encounter
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@hermes.louisville.edu (Netnews)

Hello peoples!  I'm VERY new to the internet and am absolutely thrilled to find
this newsgroup.  I live in Kentucky which is not exactly the hub of cutting
edge (as it would be called here, I suppose) music.  I've been a fan of Kate
Bush for several years and have probably found a grand total of 3 others in all
of Louisville...and I even WORK in a "record store".  ENOUGH of my whining.
My main question is something I'm just curious about and, I think, it would
make interesting reading.  I was wondering how you all "discovered" Kate's
music...especially those of you who live in the states considering her
disturbing lack of exposure and airplay here.
I discovered her music by almost complete accident.  Several years ago, I
rented "The Chocolate War" because I thought the main character was good
looking (yes, shallow, I know:)).  I remember standing there thinking I should
just forget about it 'cause I'd never heard of it before and, therefore, it
must not be good.  Anyway, I'm VERY glad I didn't because the song "Running Up
That Hill" was played over the credits.  (Also, the movie wasn't half-bad
either)  I thought RUTH was one of the most interesting, beautiful songs I'd
heard.  Just on impulse, I ordered "The Whole Story"...the rest is history.  I
guess some of the best things we ever encounter, we encounter by complete
accident..or fate:)
I'm interested in hearing other stories and if anyone has any info. that may
help me considering Kate Bush fan activities in my area, I'd really appreciate
any help. Thank Y'all (no, I don't really talk like that:))
					Jill
					jlburk01@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
"You plan the wars you masters of men plan the wars and point the way
	and we will point the gun"
				--Dalton Trumbo in "Johnny Got His Gun"