Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new TWW announcement in CANADA

From: finley@lambda.uleth.ca (Kent Finley)
Date: 4 Jun 93 16:42:52 GMT
Subject: Re: new TWW announcement in CANADA
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@honte.uleth.ca (News System)

MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:

>My brother just faxed me an ad for This Woman's Work Box Set
>in Canada!  This is bizarre, because I thought the push was well over.
>It is the same set we know.   Sugg. List is $146.98 for cassettes
>or CDs (never thought I'd see the day where cass. and cd price is
>same).  The dates (which are really hard to discern due to graininess
>of fax) span a period in June/93.  This is from EMI.  So you
>canadians who are box-setless, be on the lookout!

>Anyone else know anything about why they're doing this now?

>-mjm

I sure hope this isn't true.  I just spent a bundle getting the Japanese
version imported, because the Canadian edition has supposedly been
deleted for some months now (since at least Nov. 92).  I'd be really
pissed if they re-release it (due to slobberingly faithful fans like
me going out of my way to get a copy).  I won't tell you how much I
spent; at 16,000 Yen and a Canadian dollar hovering somewhere not
quite around $0.80 U.S., you can figure it out.  (The yen was reputedly
quite high at the time -- (sob), as Fiona might say.)

No, I don't want sympathy.  I just wanted to vent.

Peace,

Kent
--
Kent Finley            |
P.O.Box 2081           | "...And all this science I don't understand,