Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new TWW announcement in CANADA

From: Tippi Chai <chai@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1993 10:41:33 -0400
Subject: Re: new TWW announcement in CANADA
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just called up Capitol-EMI Canada, and yes there is going to be a
re-issue.  I asked if it's the original UK pressing but the person
can't tell from the info she's got.  She did give me the product number:
KBX2 95237.  I checked my box and it hasn't got a number on it.  But
the discs TWW 1 and TWW 2 has numbers CDP7 952 382 and 392.

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
>Paddy replied "It's a Strumento da Porca, or at least
>that's the name Plitorious (sp?) gave it..."

That's Praetorius, 1560-1629, "a notable proponent of Venetian style in
northern Germany."  "Strumento de porco" literally does mean
"instrument of the pig."
--
**********"We all breathe the same air" KaTe Bush
Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada  <chai@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca || chai@utorgpu.bitnet>