Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brightman

From: Les Cheung <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 93 00:19:06 EDT
Subject: Brightman
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I saw on MuchMusic the other night an interview with Sarah Brightman.  She was
talking about her first "contemporary" release entitled "Dive".  She described
it as being a combination of Enya and Kate Bush...but definitely Sarah
Brightman.  Soooooooooo I rushed out to the record store and picked it up.
Boy was I disappointed!  The first single is OK (Captain Nemo) but the most of
the others sound too similar...both vocally and musically.  The biggest shock
was that her voice (incredible in the Phantom of the Opera) sounded like...like
....Madonna?  Very thin and limited. I've never been a big fan of Enya but even
she should feel insulted by Sarah's outrageous claim!  Needless to say...Kate
has nothing to worry about. :)

Matrix