Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: sad-songstress

From: ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1993 09:22:12 GMT
Subject: Re: sad-songstress
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sics.se

In article <9305202203.AA01196@syrinx.umd.edu>
jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu

   mjm wrote:

   >Army Dreamers?  Breathing?  Mother Stands for Comfort?
   >Empty Bullring?  Blow Away?  All the Love?  Never Be Mine?

   Houdini?  This Woman's Work?
   There are all sorts of non-joyful KaTe songs...
   But few of them are of the "I'm wrenching out my heart" variety.  KaTe
   hides the sadness (and any other emotion she expresses)
   in the characterization and plot.
   Which is part of what makes her so special.

I guess I simply cannot uncover the hidden emotions.
My own problem certainly! Has to settle for songs with the
emotions nearer the surface!
Neneh Cherry is not born yesterday; "Move with me: I'm strong
enough - to be weak in your arms".

best regards Anders (or 'someone' as you called me. That was not
                     very nice of you!)

   Jeff
   --
   |Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
   |SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |

--

If you see Saint Annie, please tell her - Thanks a lot.