Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tasman Archer

From: bbaker@Novell.COM (Brad Baker)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1993 23:09:36 GMT
Subject: Re: Tasman Archer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@Novell.COM (The Netnews Manager)

In article <yjc-200593142713@b61539.student.cwru.edu> yjc@po.cwru.edu (Jerome 'TofuSoft' Chan) writes:
>In article <9305201730.AA01541@wente.llnl.gov>, ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed
>Suranyi) wrote:
>
>> I think Tasmin Archer's album (note the spelling) is really good.  I
>> too was impressed with her song, "Sleeping Satellite", so I bought
>> her album.  The video for that song is on "Buzz Bin" rotation on
>> MTV, so I've caught it a couple of times.  It's quite interesting.
>>
>> Ed
>> ed@wente.llnl.gov
>
>She reminds me of SEAL. How do the rest of her album sound like?
>
>---
> The Evil Tofu (Don't Shoot! I'm ignorant!)
> Case Western Reserve University,
> Cleveland, Ohio, USA.

I bought it, and have returned it.  I love her voice, but the music
sounded like 90% of the over-engineered processed cheese you hear on
the radio.  The lyrics didn't impress me either.  She could learn
a few things about recording/engineering from the Sarah M. gang; her
last album sounds superb.

I'll be keeping an ear out for new stuff from Tasmin though :-)

Brad Baker
bbaker@novell.com