Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting

From: RIDLEY@glerl.noaa.gov
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 16:15:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Cloudbusting
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

Interested people,

  I think that 'Cloudbusting' has a deeper meaning then the "father gets
taken away by the goverment because he has experimented with the
weather." I think that she is talking about fear in general. If you
have a talent or something that other people will try to take away
from you don't be afraid to use it. If you don't use it, then you have
nothing. What good is a glow in the dark yo yo if it's buried in
the garden. none.

  The father made a machine that could control the weather. If he uses
it, the goverment will take him away (and does) to use his knowledge
(or other more devious things.)

  I would guess that the end of the song is simply hope that the bad
things will not happen, or will reverse themselves. Something that isn't
bad shouldn't have evil associated with it, her father or the yo yo.
Something good should come of it.

  Anyone agree?
  Did I eat to many ravioli for lunch and it's affected my reasoning?

  Anyway,
  Aaron Ridley
  ridley@glerl.noaa.gov