Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93 18:43:22 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: mdm@wdl1.wdl.loral.com (Mike D Marchionna)
Subject: Re: Hounds of Love LP
Sender: news@wdl.loral.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1993 01:43:19 GMT

3CPCXRO@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU (Bill Young) writes:

>I was recently in a used record store, and picked up a copy of "Hounds of Love"
>on record.  I was disappointed to find that the vinyl was black, since the
>record at our college station is greyish-white.  I would be interested in
>knowing aproximately how many copies were made in grey-colored marble opposed
>to the regular black vinyl.  I take it that the copy the station has is more
>valuable than the one I have, and so I should probably see about getting my
>hands on that one;^)

>Bill.

This is interesting since the used record store I frequent has a copy of
the "grey marble" HoL LP for $30.  I was considering buying it, but the
concept of buying albums for profit rather than personal enjoyment bugs me.
And besides vinyl sucks, even if KB is on it.  I'll purchase it for someone
if they can get me a copy of the 8" The Sensual World LD.  I could of had it
for $8 bucks, and now I'm kicking myself.

--MDM
(  _______________________________   Brain, and brain!  What is brain!    )