Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Don't Give Up

From: golden@widget.seas.upenn.edu (Stephen Golden)
Date: 27 Apr 93 21:36:19 GMT
Subject: Don't Give Up
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc2.dccs.upenn.edu

I was just watching a late '80s British tv show called The Two of Us
about a bisexual male who runs away with his boyfriend, but eventually
returns home with his girlfriend.  During a scene at the Disco, the music
playing is Don't Give Up.  They start it at a point with heavy Kate vocals.

Anyway, I was wondering, has Peter or Kate ever specified if this song is
about something specific ( maybe a specific incident or cause ).  I had
personally never thought to connect it with sexuality, but I guess its
universal enough to stand for any situation where someone is going
to give up.

--
 This .sig is currently under reconstruction as it has been misinterpreted
                 and read too deeply by too many people.