Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 17:28:54 GMT
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.com (Jon Drukman)
Subject: Drukman's band (and more promotion)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1993 17:28:43 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra) writes:
>Hey, throughout the periods of relentless self-prmotion, I never actually
>noticed the name od Drukman's band...The Ultraviolet Catastrophe! What a
>great name! Jon-boy, were you a physics major at one time?

No.  But one of my bandmates ex-roommates is a theoretical physicist
at SLAC, and we got the name indirectly from him.

So, here's a riddle for y'all: what do I have in common with Kate
Bush?  Answer: we're both gorgeous people who have had records in the
Melody Maker and NME charts!  Yes, unbelievable as it may seem, The
UVC's latest piece of vinyl has hit #5 in MM's "Stone Free" this week
- they call us the Grateful Dead of techno, which may or may not be a
good thing - you decide.  Check it out, anyway - April 17th issue.

I haven't seen the NME in question, so if any regular NME readers
spots us in the chart, I would LOVE it if you could send me a xerox of
the relevant page.  In fact, I'll send you a free copy of the UVC 12"
in exchange.

I've had a few requests in email for info about Silent Records' "50
Years Of Sunshine" compilation.  Here's the track listing:

Dr Timothy Leary	Thee Incredible Lightness Ov Being Molecular
Pelican Daughters	The Bicycle Ride
Closedown		Bliss
Love Spirals Downwards	Kykeon
Nurse With Wound	Beetle Crawls Across My Back
White Stains		Let It Be Thus
XKP & Mr L		Thee Spirit Ov Thee Molecule
Ultraviolet Catastrophe	Full Moon (Crescent Mix)
Nonplace Urban Field	Pseudogarten
Psychic TV		Acidosis
Earth Leakage Trip	The Awakening

Phauss			Radiator (For Amanita Muscaria & Mark McCloud)
Belt			Under The Sunset
Elliott Sharp		inSERGEncy
Harvey Bainbridge	The Voyage - In The Wake Of Passing Clouds
Controlled Bleeding	After The Rain
Hawkwind		Space Dust
68000			Disillusion
Satellite IV		In A Sugarcube
Hyperdelic		Dosed
Drome			Bipolar Trip
Steel Porn Rhino	On LSD

As I said, it's all over the map in terms of musical style - about the
only common bond is that it's all rather "trippy."  If you're trying
to find it in a store, the cover image is a fractal, and the plastic
wrap should have a sticker proclaiming the title and listing the
artists.  If you want to mail order it from Silent directly, here's
the info:

United States:
	540 Alabama, Suite 315
	San Francisco, CA  94110

	FAX: 415-864-7815

Europe:
	Hyperium
	PO Box 100561
	D-8560 Lauf
	Germany

	FAX: 09123/988407

Catalog number is SR9333.
--
Jon Drukman (an emulsifier)                                       jondr@sco.com
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.