Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sky Appreciation Week

From: changh2@rpi.edu (Henry Chang)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 22:03:35 GMT
Subject: Re: Sky Appreciation Week
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Mike Mendelson writes:

> I saw a story on the news the other day that said that
> this week was "Sky Appreciation Week" in the U.S.  It sounded
> like a joke to me, but I think it was actually serious!
> Way cool.  Has anyone else heard about this?  Is it time for
> our annual The Big Sky-is-great-and-people-should-take-time-to-
> look-at-the-sky-more-often thread?  Hey, I'm all for it.

I burst out laughing when I read that.  The sky IS cool looking...but
people are weird (in a nice way).

Henry (changh2@rpi.edu)

P.S.
METROLAND, where I pulled out that EQUIPOISE review a while back,
ran a cover story on Happy Rhodes.  Don't have time to type it up right now
(it's about a page, including two monstrous-looking photos) now, but I'll
see what I can do after finals and things are over, if people are
interested.  Happy Rhodes is moving to Woodstock.