Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's Sexuality./NFE Box./T-shirts.

From: rhogan@chaph.usc.edu (Ron Hogan)
Date: 14 Apr 1993 02:10:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate's Sexuality./NFE Box./T-shirts.
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

martin@kawa.ssl.fujitsu.co.jp (S.C.T. Martin) writes:

(following Fiona's tantalizing hint at articles concerning sexuality
and Kate's music)

>Eew! You are all sick. To suggest that morbid interests such as
>sexuality ever affected KaTe is really gross.

Morbid?
Obviously, we're on *much* different wavelengths.  Either that or my
irony detector is on the fritz again and I'm taking everything way
too seriously.

Actually, one of the things I like most about Kate's music is its pure
sensuality-- as opposed to sexuality, I guess.  I mean, for me THE WHOLE
STORY is a great CD to play when-- well, at those times during which, had
they occurred twenty years ago, I might have put on a Barry White album,
and ten years before that, one of those treacly Jackie Gleason compilations.

That's a scary thought-- Kate Bush as the Barry White for people
with-- well, I don't want to say "For people with taste," because
people who listen to Barry White have taste, too.

And anyway, my favorite album for those occasions is Shriekback's
"Big Night Music".

Ron