Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CLANNAD

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1993 02:28:10 GMT
Subject: Re: CLANNAD
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

bjacobs@gondor.sdsu.edu (jacobs w) writes:

>I've recently picked up Clannad's Sirius (semi-randomly) at a used tape shop.
>That means one Clannad fan disliked the album enough to sell it.  I'll admit
>to not being overly impressed myself.  Is Sirius typical Clannad work?  Which
>albums are better, if it isn't?

>Bill jacobs

IMNSHO, _Sirius_ is Clannad's absolute worst album.  A much better example of
what they're capable of would be _Magical Ring_, or _Macalla_.  If your tastes
run to the traditional, maybe _Fuaim_ (briefly featuring sister/niece Enya) or
anything on Shanachie label.

>P.S. Since this is R.m.gaffa, I suppose I should mention that I've picked up
>a couple of Kate Bush albums: Hounds of Love and (I'm afraid I can't recall the
>name of) the one with Babooshka.  What is my next logical album to buy?

The one with 'Babooshka' is _Never For Ever_.  This will probably get a chorus
of responses, but I feel safe in recommending _The Dreaming_ as the next
logical purchase.  Wonderful, preconception-shattering album, and many people's
choice as her best work.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com