Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."

From: jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1993 23:57:19 GMT
Subject: WmRm2, #1 "Synchronise rhythms now..."
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Yeah, okay....  I'll just tune em out.  It ain't like they're sayin'
nuthin' new!

So now I'm talking to Warmroom.  ***Denialists may filter this series***
by my name, or via Subject-lines starting with WmRm.  Or if you insist,
we'll have to start a new list.  Ready?  Close your eyes...

======================== CONE OF SILENCE ===============================

         D  E  C  O  M  P  R  E  S  S  I  O  N      Z  O  N  E

------------(^: THRESHOLD OF DEEPER UNDERSTANDING :^)-----------------

(Denialists gone?)  My new general motto:
                      ***Everybody's***
                            nuts
                       on this planet
                          anymore

 ***them*** ==========   w   a   y   =============  more than *me**...!

But this, now, is important.  Here's a little piece more, for the chain
of causality I'm trying to postulate:

When Kate says, "Synchronise rhythms now," maybe it's not "just a
metaphor."  Maybe *emotions* in the brain and body (and breathing) *do*
have distinct, someday-scientifically-mappable *rhythms*, so that people
can move *into* phase (if their emotions have the same cycle-length) or
out of phase (when they don't). (Don't kid yourself that science knows
anything much yet, about emotions!  Psych 101 is still a long long long
long way from "The Dreaming".)

So when we listen to emotional music, ***maybe*** our emotional rhythms
naturally move *into* phase with it, the better to savor it at full
intensity, and our *brainwaves*, or the slow rhythms of our breathing, or
our heartbeats, or a billion other sorts of rhythmic biological signal,
really maybe might *gently color*, in a perfectly *asimovian* way ( ;^),
the physical fieldstrengths thruout the room, including necessarily the
*read* mechanism of the stereo as it plays, to any least infinitesimal
degree *sufficient to leave a mark*...

(But CDs, see, being digital, can't take *any* mark, unless it's
imprinted thru a zero toggling into a one, or back, which, *by design*
almost literally *never* happens... )

----
Resume normal consensus consciousness...