Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bellie

From: brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 18:44:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Bellie
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ux3.cso.uiuc.edu (Net Noise owner)

     Gadzooks, I just realized it's been a very long time since I've posted
here.  Hello everyone.  No Kate content, oh well.

kstauff@APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL (Kimberly Stauffer AMSTE-LGS 4900) writes:
>Hi Love Hounds,
>Was curious, has anybody heard anything else from Bellie (I am probably)
>spelling that wrong-sorry, other than trees?  She sound interesting and
>I was just curious.

     It's Belly, and the singer/guitarist is Tanya Donelly formerly from
Throwing Muses.  The song that's getting a ton of airplay is Feed the Tree.
The song is from their first album that came out recently.  They have a
few singles out with some non-album tracks which are reputed to be worth
getting.  If you like Belly, you may like the Breeders (with Kim Deal from
the Pixies) and possibly Throwing Muses as well.

>I know its not about Kate (don't worry-shes my first favorite).

     Good diplomacy! ;)  There's always the after-album recession of good
Kate talk, especially after-Box-Set.  I'd say hello to some folks, but I
don't know who's still on the list from...a year? ago?
     I remember some folks were interested in The Moon Seven Times, formerly
Area.  The M7x CD came out last Tuesday, it's worth checking out.  About 500
radio stations in the country have the CD, so you may be able to request or
catch a couple of songs.
     If Vickie&Chris are still around, could the word be passed along to get
in touch with me?
     Happy Kateing!

--
                                                        Ken.