Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 93 18:56:54 GMT
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.com (Jon Drukman)
Subject: Re: Phooey!
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 18:56:48 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

abm4@cunixa.cc.columbia.EDU (Andrew B Marvick) writes:
>IED was all set to praise <rjc@COGSCI.ED.AC.UK> for his/her admirable
>reminder that Kate, indeed, is God, when his sensibilities were
>bruised by a coarse, raucous volley of 'What about
>"Tori"/"Happy"/"Loreena"/"Stevie"/ "Jane"/"Peter"/"Dave",' etc.,
>etc., ad nauseum, ad maximum nauseum.  Are you people even remotely
>aware of just HOW MUCH more significant Kate Bush is than
>these...these...(splutter!)...other people?  Please, good fellow
>philocanines, get some perspeKTive!  Have all Love-Hounds gone
>completely mad in IED's absence? Is there not one among you who can
>conceive of the One, True, and ONLY God?

just last week i started re-reading some old love-hounds archives,
reliving those glory days of old.  it can hardly be a coincidence that
within 24 hrs of ftp'ing the old archives, IED pops out of hiding.
forces more powerful than any human mind can conceive are pulling
strings.  i see the invisible hand of lady fate in these affairs.

>-- Andrew Marvick (IED), reliably carrying out his mission

welcome back, to the both of you.

and in other news...

now that my band has got its record onto the local Modern Rock
station, i intend to contact CBS about remixing any forthcoming kate
material.

it could happen... we've already got contacts at Epic, which is owned
by Sony, which owns CBS, which owns Kate in the States...

--
Jon Drukman (an emulsifier)                                       jondr@sco.com
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.