Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mouth Music (non KaTe)

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 14:27:16 GMT
Subject: Mouth Music (non KaTe)
To: welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

I seem to remember several people raving about a band called Mouth Music,
here on gaffa some time ago. So on that recommendation I allowed myself to
be dragged along by some friends to see them play at the Venue in Edinburgh
last night, to see what all the fuss was about.

Now, I'm not one for analysing a gig bit by bit, so if you're curious
you'll just have to try and catch them yourself. All I wanted to say was
that they're a fabulous live band; 5 guys and 2 gals, mostly from
Edinburgh. I think they gig all over the place, so you've a decent chance
of catching them.

No, their music isn't like KaTe's. I've heard it described as
new-age-celtic-funk-folk-rock. So if you like any one of those categories
you'll almost certainly like Mouth Music! And if you have a penchant for
shaking your limbs then you'll enjoy it twice as much. I think I must have
lost a stone in the space of two hours.

Vickie:
Do you ever play their stuff on your show or don't they qualify because the
band contains Y chromosomes?

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /