Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

not about kate, but at least her name's in the subject line :>

From: mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (tyrone slothrop)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1993 05:16:26 GMT
Subject: not about kate, but at least her name's in the subject line :>
Expires: Sun, 14 Mar 1993 05:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu

greetings and salutations.

this showed up on alt.music.exotic, or whatever its called, a few
days ago.  its only really relevant insofar as kate and gabriel
played together several times, but i figgered that y'all might
find this interesting, dispite the, uh, questionable language...

tyrone

	Howdy.
	I used to date a girl from Pakistan, and she had a tape of a
religious fundamentalist chanter, with three men as a chorus, and Peter
Gabriel on bass.  I think his name was something like Muskrat.  He would
just get into the rhythm of the beat, then chant for about twenty minutes.
Supposedly he was (is) very big in Paki-Land, and the wealthy would invite
theirt friends over to hear him play at their houses.  It was all supposed
to be very religious.
	I know that's not alot of information, but do any of you know who
this guy is?  The tape I heard was incredible, and I'd love to get it
again.  Sorry I cant provide any more information.  If you know, please
e-mail me at kougham@alleg.edu
	Gracias,
					Joker

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan..Gabriel's Real World label has his stuff
I think the style is called Qauwali (sp?)
d.