Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush is God

From: amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik)
Date: 14 Mar 1993 03:46:50 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush is God
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Posted-Date: 14 Mar 1993 03:46:50 GMT

rhogan@chaph.usc.edu (Ron Hogan) writes:
>vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:
>[in re: Kate Bush is God]
>>I second that emotion!
>>(& heaven bless Jesus Jane & Holy Ghost Happy)
>
>Oh, gee, I'm confused.  This doesn't seem to leave a place for
>Tori in the pantheon.  I was toying with the idea of her being
>the Baptist to Kate's God, but she came after Kate-- after Jane,
>even.  So maybe Tori can be St. Paul.

No, no, no -- you guys have it all wrong by trying to fit these
goddesses into this little, cramped, non-adaptive Judeo-Christian
scheme.

Now, being a goddess-worshipper makes this much easier.  Kate, Tori,
Jane, Happy, Loreena -- they are all goddesses!  They don't have to
*be* anybody, because they *are* Goddess.

(And Tori even believes in faeries, just like me!  Coolness...)

I hadn't listened to any Kate in a while, because I was listening to
Tori, or making other musical discoveries (such as, at this late date,
the Doors; oh well).  Then Friday I put on _TSW_, and it was like
coming home after a long journey.

All hail the Chocolate-fetished, smoky-voiced, fey ivy-wrapped banshee
from Kent!

I feel better now.

--
"Queens never make bargains."  -- The Red Queen, _Through the Looking Glass_