Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush is God

From: mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (tyrone slothrop)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1993 23:21:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush is God
Expires: Sat, 13 Mar 1993 05:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu

In article <1ns0tmINNn8g@aludra.usc.edu> rhogan@chaph.usc.edu (Ron Hogan) writes:
>vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:
>
>>rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk writes:
>>>Just thought it was too long since anyone had pointed that out.
>
>>I second that emotion!
>>(& heaven bless Jesus Jane & Holy Ghost Happy)
>
>Oh, gee, I'm confused.  This doesn't seem to leave a place for
>Tori in the pantheon.  I was toying with the idea of her being
>the Baptist to Kate's God, but she came after Kate-- after Jane,
>even.  So maybe Tori can be St. Paul.
>
>Nominations for the Baptist are currently open ;)

hmmmm.  well, i was going to nominate ol' pete for the position,
but on reflection, he's really just the window opener, and/or the
Angel Gabriel.

so i guess i would recommend david gilmour for the job.

tyrone slothrop
raketenmensch

ps  uli, i tried to send you email but it bounced. i it has been a
number of years since i read The Book, and i thought that i remembered
an intentional mispelling of raketenmensch as racketenmensch, but i
looked it up and i had remembered badly.  but i did leave the s out
all on my own--i know better, but sometimes the hands just don't listen
(i hate having to type "nietzsche," let me tell you!!!).

pps special congradulations will be extended to whoever finds the
secret hidden gentle giant reference in my post...

ppps btw, i'm still having a hard time imagining kate on a big gold
throne with a big white beard and naked cherubs fluttering around her
overly gaudy halo.
:P