Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Paul Simon

From: lester@gandalf.etdesg.TRW.COM (Jeff Lester)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 93 13:12:52 PST
Subject: Re: Paul Simon
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>Can anybody out there tell me anything about the Simon and Garfunkel
>reunion concert that happened on Monday in LA? The British press don't seem
>to have covered it at all and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was
>going to be a CD released for those of us who live too far way to have
>attended. If Artie really did show up it will have been the first on stage
>full reunion concert since the glorious day in sept 81 and Central Park.

Well, Artie did show up and it happened. The show also included Steve Martin
and Neil Young and it was a benefit for something (can't remember what).
Neil helped out S&G with some electric guitar on "Sounds of Silence" and
Art was apparently a little hesitant in his rendering of "Bridge Over
Troubled Waters."  All this from a newspaper account of the show. My guess
would be that there wouldn't be a CD.

-Jeff Lester