Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sugarcubes on Saturday night live; which song

From: ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1993 22:41:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Sugarcubes on Saturday night live; which song
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sics.se

In article <C3A5CK.AAF@cs.dal.ca> graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) writes:

   DAMN! I don't read gaffa for a while and I miss a sugarcubes thread! DAMN!

   In article <AG.93Feb28144938@anhur.sics.se> ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson) writes:
   >In article <1993Feb27.213226.26988@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Scorpii) writes:
   >
   >   The song was probably "Birthday," and it's on the _life's_too_good_ album.
   >   Even if that isn't the song you heard, _ltg_ is a good Sugarcubes album to
   >   start with (in some estimations, the only good one).
   >
   >   Drewcifer

   On SNL they performed Motorcrash and Birthday - Matthew Broderick (sp?)
   was hosting. I think that this was around Oct '88.

   >Thank you everybody that responded either here or by e-mail.
   >The answers converged on "Birthday" giving "Life's too good" as
   >the album to buy. Which I'll certainly do!
   >
   >best regards Anders

   It is a truly brilliant album - had all of the English music critics
   wetting their collective pants! ...then of course they turned around
   and dumped on them when the 2nd (great) album came out.

I have still to get it. What I did get was a remix (full) cd,
"It's it" with two remixes of Birthday. Was this song really
used as dance music (that's the kind that get's remixed or..?)?
The first Birthday remix, track one, was better than the other,
track 12, though I'm no expert on this remix-genre.
How come that there are remixes of so many Sugarcube songs?

   waiting for Bjork's solo album,
   mike

Ahh so is there one coming? Or is it just wishfulness?
In any case I'm waiting to, perhaps God has taken female form in
this album? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaah

best regards Anders
--

If you see Saint Annie, please tell her - Thanks a lot.