Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sugarcubes on Saturday night live; which song

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1993 11:33:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Sugarcubes on Saturday night live; which song
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: USENET News <news@cs.dal.ca>

In article <AG.93Mar2234104@anhur.sics.se> ag@sics.se (Anders G|ransson) writes:
> I wrote this:
>   It is a truly brilliant album - had all of the English music critics
>   wetting their collective pants! ...then of course they turned around
>   and dumped on them when the 2nd (great) album came out.
>
>I have still to get it. What I did get was a remix (full) cd,
>"It's it" with two remixes of Birthday. Was this song really
>used as dance music (that's the kind that get's remixed or..?)?
>The first Birthday remix, track one, was better than the other,
>track 12, though I'm no expert on this remix-genre.
>How come that there are remixes of so many Sugarcube songs?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG You bought It's It?????? The cubes had very little
to do with this piece of trash. The original Birthday is quite sparse -
filled in with Bjork's incredible vocals. Ignore alll of the dance remixes.
With very few exceptions they are HORRIBLE. Get the original stuff which is
brilliant and not mindless dance crap.

>   waiting for Bjork's solo album,
>   mike
>
>Ahh so is there one coming? Or is it just wishfulness?
>In any case I'm waiting too, perhaps God has taken female form in
>this album? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It is definitely coming out. I can't wait - she collaborated with 808 State
and a ton of other people so it should be quite interesting. She was on 808
State's second album and sang two songs which were great. she also did a jazz
album which is unbeleivable!!! She also put out a solo record when she was 12
and she had a band from around '81-83, then Kukl, then the cubes, now this!!

anyways, get the sugarcubes albums first.

>best regards Anders

mike
--
"Supreme executive power is derived from a mandate from masses,
 not by some farcical aquatic ceremony!"  - MPatHG