Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sounds of the 70s

From: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 93 10:30:54 GMT
Subject: Sounds of the 70s
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk

Hi there lovehounds,
 As was said before,Kate was to appear on Sounds of the 70s,her
in the UK.Her appearance consisted of a clip from an Interview
with Michael Aspel:-

MA: Your 19 arn't you?

KB: 20....just..

MA: Youre from Kent.

KB: Yeagh....

MA:Is Kate Bush your real name?

KB: Yes it is.

MA: You have 10-Olevels.

KB: OW did you know that!(*laughs*)

MA: I know quite a bit about you.....
Even with all those qualifications you still wanted to be in
music?

KB: Well,ever since an early age I always wanted to be involved in
music but I never thought I would be able to get my songs published
or even get a chance to sing them...

MA:I dont think anyone else COULD sing them.I really dont......

Cut to Kate singing Wuthering Heights on Top of the Pops 1978.Black
dress and large red rose in her hair.It was nice to hear the song,
sung live ,as I had never heard it before in that context.It was also
 nolstagic to think she was the bright new star when I was but 5
years old.

                       Allen G.
 "Never look behind you as the obstacles ahead of you,may just,trip
you up..."