Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sounds of the 70s

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1993 11:10:40 GMT
Subject: Re: Sounds of the 70s
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9302231705.AA00397@neil>, nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk writes:
> Just a quicky for UK fans. Kate is billed as one of the artists
> features on Sounds of the 70s on BBC2 on Saturday 27th Feb at 7.25pm.
> The show features old TV appearances of bands/solo artists in the 70s.

Just in case anybody was wondering, they showed a brief clip of the
"Ask Aspel" interview ("You've got ten O-levels?!") followed by a "Top
of the Pops" live performance of Wuthering Heights (presumably her
second, in March '78). Despite some off-key piano and a distinct
absence of guitar, KaTe gave a pretty good performance. Nice to see
they can still dig up the old videotape.

On the subject of old videos, I picked up the "70s Rock and Pop" video
compilation with the Rockflix "red dress" promo for WH. In fact, it
looks more like a Super 8 movie than a video in terms of quality (the
sound is pretty rotten too) but still an important artefact, IMHO.
--
Scott Telford, Service Division,          / "Can I assume you're pissed out of
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,      /  your head on 'Big Sky', on the new