Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Danielle Dax questions- lots of them?

From: bkeeley@sdcc3.ucsd.edu (Brian Keeley)
Date: 22 Feb 93 06:42:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Danielle Dax questions- lots of them?
To: rec-music-gaffa@sdcc12.UCSD.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sdcc12.ucsd.edu

In article <9302190949.aa02770@rpierre.sco.com> jondr@sco.COM (captain sarcastic) writes:
>tdorazio@sbu.edu asks:
>>1.  Are there any Lemon Kittens albums still available?
>
>only used vinyl copies.  interestingly enough, karl blake's shock
>headed peters stuff has been coming out on CD so maybe it won't be too
>long before we see some lemon kittens reissues.

Don't hold your breath.  Chances are, we'll never see a reissue of
the United Dairies LK material  (is there any non-UD LK material?).
Apparently, D had a major falling out with said label, which is
nothing new, EXCEPT that she and the band managed to *steal* back
the masters (!).  So, when UD released a box set reissue of their
back-catalogue some years ago, the LK material was notably missing.
As I understand the legalities, Danielle can't release it since she
doesn't technically "own" it.  I keep wishing she'd take it in her
head to "annoint" a bootlegger with the tapes so the world could
finally hear this cool stuff once again.  Sigh.

In any case, we should probably take this discussion to
r.m.industrial, where it probably belongs.

Reality