Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

newscrud

From: Jackie Zucconi <lionhart@netlink.cts.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 93 22:24:11 PST
Subject: newscrud
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I don't know if anyone has answered this yet but here it goes:
  The music in Patriot Games and the car commercial was written and
performed by an Irish group called Clannad. It was originally done under
the title The Theme from Harry's Game. I believe this was a UK (or Irish)
TV show pertaining to the IRA. The song is available on several CD's.
1. Magical Ring by Clannad 1982 (European release only I think)
2. Anam by Clannad 1992 (US release only --- Anam 1989 UK doesn't have
it)
3. the soundtrack to Patriot Games should also have it.
                    Kateness,
                           Lionheart
P.S>
  for those who like trivia, Clannad is made up of the elder sister, two
older brothers and two uncles of Enya. In fact Enya was on the first
couple of Clannad albums from the 70's.

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:   ...!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart